Water resilience is about having a reliable water supply that can adapt and respond to change. The goal of the Water Resilience Program is to ensure our region has a sustainable and resilient water system, both now and for the future.
The goal of the water resilience program
The program does a lot of things including:
- learning with our community to conserve our water together
- taking care of our environment to make sure our system is sustainable, both for now and for future generations
- looking at different water sources and ways to use water now and in the future
- providing opportunities for our community to participate in future decisions about water
- making sure our plans can adapt to future uncertainties, such as population growth, a more variable climate and technological change.
Water is at the heart of the Hunter community. It is essential for our health and wellbeing and is a critical part of our region’s prosperity.
There are lots of people that need to be part of the water conversation - the community, business, industry and government – and us.
Our goal is to make sure everyone loves water as much as we do!