Soffit Requirements Within Hunter Water Area of Operations
Soffit requirements shall be as follows:
- Between the soffit of the sewer main and the spill level of the Overflow Relief Gully (ORG), there shall be a minimum height of 1200mm
- The height of 1200mm may be reduced to 900mm where:
The number of properties connected upstream of the subject property does not exceed, or has the potential to exceed 10, or equivalent fixture until loading eg. 30 fixture units per property. The number of upstream properties can be obtained by contacting Hunter Water Plumbing Technical Services on 1300 657 657.
- Where minimum soffit requirements cannot be achieved, fixtures shall be connected to sewer by means of a reflux valve installed in accordance with The Plumbing Code of Australia and AS/NZS3500.2 with amendments.
- Prior to the installation of the reflux valve Hunter Water must be notified of the installation and property details by contacting Hunter Water on 1300 657 657.
- Only fixtures or whole properties that cannot drain by means of gravity sanitary drainage shall be pumped via a private wet well and grinder pump system. A minimum of a Hydraulic Technical Assessment shall be submitted to Hunter Water for review in these cases. The installation shall be installed to AS/NZS3500.2 with amendments in conjunction with Hunter Water's hydraulic review letter and technical specifications.